I often get asked "what are your top most inexpensive makeup products?" Oh, how I love that question! I love it because I have so many to choose from and there are so many products I've found over the years that are true diamonds in the rough, yet are overlooked because a low price tag brings a sense of "cheap". So in this post I want to dismantle the myth that low price doesn't always mean low quality.
1. These brushes pack a punch when it comes to drugstore brushes. Their all black appearance reflects that of their more expensive competitors, giving them a sophisticated, more professional look. Their soft bristles feel comfortable on the face and the E.l.f line offers a variety to choose from, from small detail brushes for eyes, to large powder brushes for all over application. My favorites are found within their studio collection (pictured on the left).
The powder brush is excellent at buffing in powder and liquid foundation
The small stippling brush is a great brush to use when applying cream products, such as blush, highlighter, and bronzer.
2. Wet n Wild Eyeshadows: These eyeshadows are packed with pigmentation and long wearing color. They've been my faves for years and continue to be a product I continually return to in my collection.
3. I have tried so many bronzers at the drugstore but was always disappointed at the color pigmentation, the orange tint that they would leave on the skin, or at the amount of shimmer they had. I made it my mission to find a good matte bronzer at a drugstore price and wow, did I ever! This bronzer has great color pay off, silky in texture and easy to apply.
4. This sponge creates a great finish on the skin when applying foundation, almost an airbrush look. It's also great at applying loose powder on the face. The magic of this sponge is because of the texture it gives when wet. Just submerge in water, completely soaking the sponge, then squeeze excess water to leave the sponge moist and bouncy. Great alternative to the high end Beauty Blender which retails for $20 a sponge!
5. I've compared this concealer in wearing power and quality to my high end favorite MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer (see essentials page) This concealer is creamy, easy to blend, and provides full opaque coverage for concealing blemishes, redness, dark circles, and any other problem area where coverage is needed. Apart from its concealing power, because the product is so pigmented, it can be used as a foundation and as contour and highlight creams because of its extensive color selection. More ways to use means more bang for you buck!
What other Top 5 lists would you like to see? Comment and connect with me!
When I'm not spending way too much time getting ready or drooling over the newest beauty product, I'm a stay at home mom of a rambunctious 4 year old boy, a sweet baby girl we lovingly call "sissy", and a wife to my high school sweetheart.