Most of us have seen movies where people have gotten stranded on an island and how much they wished they had just a couple of their belongings from back home, like in Castaway with Tom Hanks, or the popular t.v show Lost. Well sometimes I think, if I knew I was going to be stranded somewhere (hopefully not on a deserted island or somewhere indefinitely, you know what I mean!) and I could only have 5 beauty products, what would they be? What products are truly essential in my routine that I feel are must haves in case of an unlikely event occurring? I really had to rack my brain for this one, so here's what I came up with:
1. Sunscreen: For obvious reasons, especially for the sake of the title of this post! In most emergency situations, you're likely to be exposed to the elements, most likely the sun. With sunscreen , I at least have some protection from the harmful effects of the suns rays.
2. Chapstick: Just like the sunscreen, I want to be protected from the outside and having chapped lips is one of the worst feelings ever! Add in the fact that there might not be much water around, a lip moisturizer will definitely be a must!
3. My Anti-Frizz Hair Serum: Now although this isn't technically a "beauty" item, it is beauty related. I naturally have frizzy curly hair so add in moisture, humidity, and heat, that's a recipe fro disaster! There's nothing more uncomfortable than a crazy mane of hair, especially when you look like Mufasa from the Lion King!
4. Face Moisturizer: Just like chapped lips, dry skin is the worst feeling. Plus, you can double its use by using it as a body lotion if needed.
5. Mascara: Looking down at the list, it appears as if this item is the only true makeup listed. If I were to be stranded somewhere, the comfort of my skin and hair would be more important than having makeup on. But mascara is one of those products that can bring an added "oomph" to our face. Darkening our lashes even with a bare face can make you look more awake.
What would you bring along? Would you pick comfort or glam? It's always fun to hear what others have to say!
When I'm not spending way too much time getting ready or drooling over the newest beauty product, I'm a stay at home mom of a rambunctious 4 year old boy, a sweet baby girl we lovingly call "sissy", and a wife to my high school sweetheart.