Here are some suggestions:
We've all been there- makeup is done and then the unwanted happens- our mascara smudges, eyeliner is crooked, foundation isn't blended in, etc. Noooo!! I've been there many times, feeling like the only option is to wipe everything off and start all over again! But before you reach for those makeup wipes, here are some easy and useful tips to prevent many of these oops! moments and how to prevent them from happening the next time you're getting ready.
1. Too much foundation: Sometimes we get too heavy handed when applying our foundation and the only way we think to fix it is to remove it and start all over again. If this happens to you, grab a piece of tissue and separate the two layers. Grab one layer of the tissue and dab it on your face. The tissue will absorb the extra oil and foundation on the face without shifting your makeup. Do this again with the other piece of tissue. Repeat this until you are happy with the results.
2. Unblended Foundation: Grab your sponge that you applied your foundation with and gently dab on the area to smooth out existing foundation. Do not add any additional makeup because that will shift your makeup and cause uneven color spots to appear on your face. If you didn't use a sponge to apply foundation, grab a clean one, wet it and squeeze out excess water, and do the same thing. This is why I recommend having beauty sponges in your makeup kit. They come in handy in many situations!! Set with a very light application of setting powder if needed.
Here are some suggestions:
3. Mascara or eyeliner smudges on eyelid: The first thing to remember here is to wait! Let the product dry because if you try to wipe it off when it's still wet, you will just create a bigger smudge and it becomes harder to remove. Once the it dries, go in with a q-tip (I recommend using pointed and flat edged beauty Qtips) If needed, apply a small amount of makeup remover on the tip to help with the clean up. Then touch up makeup as needed.
4. Lipstick Feathers on Lips: Oh, the dreaded old lady makeup no-no- when your lipstick goes beyond your lips and gathers around the lines of your lips! One way to avoid this is to use a lipliner to secure your lipstick in place. It creates a barrier for your lip product to stay put. However, even with some lipliners this till happens depending on the formula of the liner and how your lips react to lip products. An extra step that will help to secure your lipstick even further is to apply powder on the outline of your lips and around your mouth, then apply your lipliner and lipstick.
5. Lipstick on teeth: There's nothing more embarrassing than to be caught with something in your teeth, lipstick included! One simple tip is to put you finger in your mouth and pull it out while touching the inner part of your lips, kinda like you're licking frosting off your finger. This will remove the lipstick in the most inner part of your lips that tends to grab onto your teeth. Do this each time you reapply your lip products.
Do you have your own quick fix tips that you swear by? I'd love to hear them!
When I'm not spending way too much time getting ready or drooling over the newest beauty product, I'm a stay at home mom of a rambunctious 4 year old boy, a sweet baby girl we lovingly call "sissy", and a wife to my high school sweetheart.