We all want to get the most use out of our makeup. Hey, after spending some quality time at the store and our hard earned cash, we want to get our time and money's worth! So here are some products that can be used in more ways than one that can stretch our makeup's lifespan and save us some time getting ready in the morning!
1. Mascara as Eyeliner: Running low on your favorite eyeliner or just can't find the darn thing?! Just grab your mascara wand, a flat or pointed eyeliner brush, and you've got instant eyeliner. Pick up the product using your brush from either the wand or the top of the tube, then apply as usual. If you use waterproof mascara. then you'll get a no smudge, waterproof eyeliner!
2. Shimmery Eyeshadow as Face Highlighter: Shimmery shadows (those without glitter) can give you the same effect a highlighter can on your face. Just as it's used as a highlight for under the brow, you can also place it down the bridge of your nose, forehead, the top of your cheekbones, and anywhere else you want to accentuate on your face.
(Brow bone color in trio can be used as a highlighter)
3. Matte Pink Eyeshadow as Blush: Just as with the shimmery shadow, a matte eyeshadow can give you the same pink flush a blush can. It's best to stick with matte shades and then use a highlighter to add shimmer to the face, if not you'll end up looking like a crazy disco ball!
4. Clear Mascara as Brow Gel: If you're the same age as I am, you may remember this oldie but a goodie, the first mascara we were allowed to wear before moving on to the "big girl" black mascara! Clear mascara is great when you just want to perk up your lashes without adding any color; but it's also great as a brow gel to tame your brows. A mascara works to hold your lashes in place, so the same applies when put on top of your eyebrows. I use this everyday after filling in my eyebrows with pencil and brow powder and let me tell you, this stuff works! All day hold without clumps or flaking.
5. Matte Bronzer as Eyeshadow: A matte bronzer is a great alternative for a transition color to put in your crease. Since a bronzer is formulated to bring warmth to the face, using it in your eye crease will give you the appearance of a bigger eye and give you a defined look, but still keeping it natural at the same time.
Do you have any products you use for multiple uses? Please share, I'd love to know!!
When I'm not spending way too much time getting ready or drooling over the newest beauty product, I'm a stay at home mom of a rambunctious 4 year old boy, a sweet baby girl we lovingly call "sissy", and a wife to my high school sweetheart.