- Matte- these eyeshadows are flat in appearance, having no shine or sparkle to them.
- Shimmer- these eyeshadows often contain glitter, creating a very shimmery appearance, these will bring attention to the location of the eye where it is placed.
- Frost/metallic- these eyeshadows have a high shine to them but no glitter. With metallic shadows, they have a reflective appearance where the color may appear to change depending on the angle at which you're looking at the eye or how light is hitting the face.
For the crease, a matte shadow works best to create depth in the eye, making it appear deep set and bigger.
For the lid, any type of eyeshadow can work, it all depends on what look you're going for.
*You can also use eyeshadow as a soft liner instead of using something more dramatic as a pencil or gel liner. A matte shadow works best, most commonly black or dark brown.
- NYX Eyeshadows- offers shadows in an array of colors and finishes, great place to find high pigmented matte eyeshadows
- Wet n Wild- offers shadows in complimentary palettes, come in shimmer and metallic finishes, amazing colors and pigmentation
- BH Cosmetics- offers palettes in every color combination and finish, great pigmentation and easy to travel with since all shadows come in palette form